Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Derek Smith <de...@motortrak.com> on 1999/09/10 14:31:48 UTC

general/4994: ScriptLog directive is not working

>Number:         4994
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       ScriptLog directive is not working
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
hi,

I have been trying to implement the ScriptLog directive of mod_cgi and am having difficulty.  The apache child procs can create the file and appear to be trying writing to it (traced the processes) but doesn't manage to write anything.  I have included the section of the trace where the child id trying to open the file and write the contents of the 500 error to it.  The file is writeable globally is in /tmp and owner/group of the child processes.

All script are in a ScriptAlias directory.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Derek.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
could test write and test read from file before starting apache and give warnings that file is not writeable, as if you rely on this to give you script errors and none are reported then problems could go unnoticed (if you don't see the errors in the error_log)
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]