Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Varad Meru <me...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/13 05:06:51 UTC

API Conflicts for Join Methods

Hi All,

Recently I was working with the CompositeInputFormat for MapSide Join and then tried MultipleInputs for ReduceSide join. The problem I found out was that both of these methods needed you to use JobConf class (@deprecated) and the implementation hasnt been provided in the 0.20.203 version too. When we use 0.21 version we get these methods as a part of mapreduce.lib.join and mapreduce.input respectively.

But as 0.21 is unstable, and thus not advisable to use for large applications just right now, I dont have any way to use these two methods with the current version 0.20.203.

Please Let me know if there is anything that can be done without changing the Hadoop version (0.20.203) I am currently using

Thanks in advance

-
Varad Meru

API Conflicts for Join Methods