Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2019/02/11 22:24:45 UTC

How to configure JspWiki on Wildfly?

Hello,

I've installed JspWiki on JBoss Wildfly, but I cannot figure out where
to put the configuration file.

Wildfly is running in standalone mode as its own user, so JspWiki is
deployed in
/opt/wildfly/standalone/tmp/vfs/deployment/deploymentxxxxxxx/jspwiki-main-2.11.0.M1.jar-yyyyyyy

Temporary files are deleted on disable, so it seems a bad idea to put
any configuration files there. I've tried to put
jspwiki-custom.properties into /opt/wildfly/appclient/configuration/,
but it seems not to be used, as well as the one created by Install.jsp
script (checked after restart using "ll -u").

BTW, wiki files are properly stored under /opt/wildfly/jspwiki-files.

The only possible options I'm currently aware of:

1. Setting java.io.tmpdir - why is /tmp used for a properties file?
IMHO, mixing configuration with temporary data isn't a good idea, but
probably I'm just missing sth.

2. Adding a deployment overlay
(https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Deployment+Overlays). While
this seems at least a bit better, I'll have to "replace" the whole
jspwiki.properties file, which may lead to problems when jspwiki evolves
and yet not existing options will be removed because thy're missing in
the overlay file.

Is there any option I can set to just change the path to
jspwiki-custom.properties?

Kind regards

Peter

Re: How to configure JspWiki on Wildfly? [Solved]

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Hi Juan,

I've not yet actively used Wildfly, too, but want to use it for learning
some JEE frameworks. And using JspWiki for my notes seemed to be somehow
"natural".

So I prefer a stable server without doing too much administration,
especially I don't want to change any startup scripts which are usually
managed by pacman (the package manager).

However, it's possible to add "system properties" (which are handled
like those provided by "-D..." to the java runtime) using the admin
console, so this perfectly fits when using "jspwiki.custom.config" property.

Kind regards

Peter

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Hi Juan,

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Already used sth. similar to the second approach, but using the admin
console (see my previous posts). My problem was partly caused by the
fact, that the needed property was undocumented - Juan already fixed that.

Kind regards

Peter

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.