Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sachin Sudarshana <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/22 11:44:51 UTC

Security for Hive

Hi,

I have just started learning about hive.
I have configured Hive to use mysql as the metastore instead of derby.
If I wish to use GRANT and REVOKE commands, i can use it with any user. A
user can issue GRANT or REVOKE commands to any other users' table since
both the users' tables are present in the same warehouse.

Isn't there a concept of superuser/admin in hive who alone has the
authority to issue these commands ?

Any answer is greatly appreciated!

--
Thanks and Regards,
                Sachin Sudarshana

Re: Security for Hive

Posted by be...@yahoo.com.
Hi Sachin

Currently there is no such admin user concept in hive.

Regards
Bejoy KS

Posted by Sachin Sudarshana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,