Posted to users@maven.apache.org by drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au> on 2007/01/10 23:45:38 UTC

xdoc test results for Dennis

Hi Dennis,

As expected, the results are the same - no <p> tags:

       <ul>
         <li>list item 1</li>
         <li>list item 2</li>
       </ul>
       paragraph 2 in subsection 1
        paragraph 1 in subsection 2

I'll re-install maven and try again.

ciao
Derek

Re: xdoc test results for Dennis

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The "only way" anything gets done is if its in JIRA... Otherwise (as
you can see), it gets lost in the void.

So, if you care to see the bug fixed, I'd open a ticket and attach a
test case that fails. Ideally, you'd paste a patch with a fix too heh.
;-)

Wayne

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Is this in JIRA?
If so which issue is it?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: xdoc test results for Dennis

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Anybody working on this?

Posted by drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au>.
Hi Dennis,

http://www.nabble.com/file/5619/log.txt log.txt

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
drekka wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> I'm running this under WinXP. Will that make a difference ?

It shouldn't, as I run that too :) This is really weird.

> I've deleted the whole org/apache/maven directory just to be sure. Then
> deleted the /target directory and ran mvn clean site. Downloaded versions
> are:
>
> doxia(core & site): 1.0-alpha-7
> site: 2.0-beta-5
>
> Same result again in index.html:

>        <ul>
>          <li>list item 1</li>
>          <li>list item 2</li>
>        </ul>
>        paragraph 2 in subsection 1
>         paragraph 1 in subsection 2

If I do this, maven-site-plugin 2.0-beta-5 and doxia 1.0-alpha-7 and
1.0-alpha-8 is downloaded. For doxia, jars are only downloaded for alpha-8.

The output I get is this:

        <ul>
          <li>list item 1</li>
          <li>list item 2</li>
        </ul>

Note here that I get the <a ...> tags as well. This indicated that you
and I are not running the same versions.

If you run this instead:

   mvn clean
   mvn -X site

You should get the versions being used printed out for you on the
command line. The site-plugin comes in the very beginning and doxia
about one page down.

> Also tried:
> Running under cgwin - no difference.
> Commenting out the 2.0-beta-5 dependency - no difference.
>
> ... 2 hours later ;-) ...
>
> Been trolling the repository and jars. I've tried to check out Maven several
> times now and Eclipse just crashes after about 5 minutes of downloading.
> Gives some message about the server killing the connection. Anyway, trolling
> the repository directly is slow but I think I have a handle on this.
>
> Three classes are involved MXParser which parses the source index.xml,
> XDocParser which responds to the xml events as the file is read and feeds
> the data to XdocSink which formats the output and writes it to the html
> file. Looking inside XdocSink we see that there is a flag (as I suspected)
> which is set when dealing with a list. This flag is also checked when
> receiving <p> tag events. I cannot see anything wrong with the code, but it
> looks as if the communication between these three classes is going awry
> somewhere. The code in XdocSink suggests that possibly after the </ul> tag
> is written the flag is somehow not being reset which would cause the next
> thought perhaps thing is causing the MXParser to send data following this in
> a way that XDocParser is not seeing as <p> tags.
>
> Too hard to tell from the source, I would really need to debug through and
> as I said I've had no luck trying to checkc it out.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Derek
>
> P.S. I also traced the MXParser back to the core maven pluxus lib (v1.1) and
> manually updaed it to v1.4, but that didn't fix it either ;-(
>

> Dennis Lundberg-2 wrote:
>> drekka wrote:
>>> Hi Dennis,
>>>
>>> As expected, the results are the same - no <p> tags:
>> Hi Derek
>>
>> Actually that's not what I expected. If we are using the same version of
>> Maven and the site-plugin we should get the same results. What OS are
>> you running this on?
>>
>> You might also try to nuke the
>> org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin and org/apache/maven/doxia
>> directories of your local repository. This would trigger a fresh
>> download of the site-plugin and doxia, during the next run.

>>>        <ul>
>>>          <li>list item 1</li>
>>>          <li>list item 2</li>
>>>        </ul>