Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Tomas Soltys <to...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/09 11:44:30 UTC

Broker-J: Message larger than 2GB

Hi,

I set qpid.max_message_size to -1 (unlimited) and tried to send some large
messages. I noticed that once I get beyond 2GB I'm not able to send
anything. Sender just hangs. And there is no error nor anything interesting
in broker log as well.

I tried with this command:

Is there a hard limit 2GB?

Thanks and regards,
Tomas

Re: Broker-J: Message larger than 2GB

Posted by Tomas Soltys <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob,

We actually have one special case where we are sending messages with size
larger than 1GB. So I wanted to test what happens when larger message is
sent.

We also noticed that in code sometimes message size is defined as Integer
and in other cases as Long.

I have created a Jira QPID-8452 addressing it.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
I think it's quite likely that there is a limitation somewhere where
int is used (or possibly just an array created) which means that 2Gb
is the effective message size limit.  Do you actually have a
requirement for such an enormously sized message - or are you just
testing?

-- Rob