Posted to user@spark.apache.org by rsaggere <rs...@hotmail.com> on 2015/07/24 12:28:24 UTC

How do I query a DSE Cassandra table using Spark Job Server

I am trying to use the spark job server to run a query against a DSE
Cassandra table. Can any one please help me with instructions? I am *NOT* a
Java person.

What I have done so far:
1. I have a single node DataStax Cassandra ver 4.6 running on a Centos 6.6
VM
2. Tested "dse spark" to query tables and it works fine
3. Installed sbt, git on the VM
3. Did a "git clone https://github.com/ooyala/spark-jobserver"
4. cd spark-jobserver
5. sbt publish-local
6. sbt
7. >re-start (This created a spark job server process)
8. Was able to upload the job-server-tests-0.4.1.jar and successfully run
the word count program

What do I do next to connect to a DataStax Cassandra table and query it by
submitting a job from Spark Job Server? Any help is much appreciated.