Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Benjamin Schmeling <be...@googlemail.com> on 2011/11/25 13:49:53 UTC

Question regarding WAR deployment

Hello All,

the deployment documentation specifies that it is possible to
configure Synapse for using the HTTP protocol implementation of the
application server. I cannot find further information on how to
configure Synapse in this case.

I've downloaded the WAR file and tried to replace the
HttpCoreNIOListener by the
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SimpleHTTPServer. This doesn't work
because the org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.SynapseStartUpServlet seems
to start the axis2 configuration and the SimpleHTTPServer is not able
to register to the already existing HTTP listener of Tomcat (Address
already in use: JVM_Bind).

When I remove the StartUpServlet and replace the
org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.SynapseAxisServlet by
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet the listener can start
successfully.

The motivation for this deployment scenario is that I want to deploy
Synapse onto an application server without using additional ports. I
just want to use the application server's HTTP port and delegate the
web service calls to Synapse by using a Servlet url-pattern. This
should be the same configuration Apache Axis2 uses by default when
deployed as WAR archive on an application server. How can I achieve
this with Apache Synapse?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Re: Question regarding WAR deployment

Posted by Benjamin Schmeling <be...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

can anyone help/support me with this subject (see below) ? Is it
generally possible to deploy Synapse on a pure Servlet basis similar
to Apache Axis2?

Regards,

Benjamin