Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Rutherford, Matthew" <Ma...@DrKW.com> on 2006/01/27 12:08:56 UTC

WebService performance tweaking

Hi
I have a doc/lit web service that currently sends a return object that looks
like this:
return object (complex type)

-complextype1[]

    -String
    -long
    -complextype2[]

        -String
        -long
    -complextype3[]

        -long
        -String
        -long
        -complextype2[]

When sending a return object to the ws client, with around 100 elements in
complextype1 and about 5 on average in both complextype2 and complextype3,
the call takes about 8-10 mins to complete, with my java client (256meg jvm)
taking up 98% of the cpu during this time (which I guess is doing
deserializing of the returned soap msg)

Is there any best practice/advice/resources for reducing the performance
hit?

Matthew Rutherford
Digital Markets - Research team
Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein

+44 (0) 20 7475 2523

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166

Re: WebService performance tweaking

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Are u using Axis2? Am looking for such tests. please open a jira issue
with your wsdl and the test code (for constructing your complicated
object).

thanks,
dims