Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/03/17 19:01:02 UTC

[vote] Immediate Switch to Subversion (was: Mortician at Work)

Parsed as we need to switch to Subversion:

+1

I agree completely.  Especially because of Leif's comments on
contributing and not having any record of his work.  If this is going to
happen to our code then we'll have to revert back to @author tags and that
is not an acceptable solution.  We need to have subversion especially with
how fast things are going to be moving around here.

I don't know about you guys but I would like to keep people contributing and
feeling like their contributions will not be forgotten.

Alex

Re: [vote] Immediate Switch to Subversion (was: Mortician at Work)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 18 March 2004 02:01, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I don't know about you guys but I would like to keep people contributing
> and feeling like their contributions will not be forgotten.

I think that part of the "Remove the @author"-idea was that some people wanted
you to forget who wrote the code :o)

I could give you a funny examples from Excalibur*, if the author is forgotten
about and take no offense...

Niclas

RE: [vote] Immediate Switch to Subversion (was: Mortician at Work)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Parsed as we need to switch to Subversion:

+1

	--- Noel