Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Suriya Simsuwat <ss...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/13 04:42:06 UTC

Error 'attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered' when importing LDIF

Hi all,

I got a problem when trying to import the new schema to Apacheds V. 1.5.2 with Studio V. 1.1.0.

To import LDIF file consisting of custom schema to LDAP I did the following steps,

1. Open a new schema project.
2. Import the schema file in schema window to schema project by using the
    option 'Import schemas from OpenLdap files'.

    The schema content is defined as below.

    objectclass ( 1.0.0.5.2.1.3.8
    NAME 'myListener'
    DESC 'Listening Service'
    SUP (top $ ipHost $ ipService)
    STRUCTURAL
    MUST ( cn $ host $ ipServicePort )
    MAY ( ipHostNumber $ ipServiceProtocol )
    )

    The content in LDIF stated as follows.

    dn: cn=service,dc=com
    changetype: add
    objectclass: top
    objectclass: ipHost
    objectclass: ipService
    objectclass: myListener
    cn: service
    host: testing
    ipServicePort: 7023

    The error message after importing the LDIF file

    #!RESULT ERROR
    #!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
    #!DATE 2008-05-13T09:40:51.733
    #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 17 - failed to add entry cn=service,dc=com:
    attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered!]
    dn: cn=service,dc=com
    changetype: add
    host: testing
    objectclass: top
    objectclass: ipHost
    objectclass: ipService
    objectclass: myListener
    ipServicePort: 7023
    cn: service

Could anyone help me how to fix this error? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Suriya

---------------------------------

Re: Error 'attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered' when importing LDIF

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > You know when we detect that an OID is not registered we could ask the
> >  schema partition to tell us which schema it is as well as all the other
> >  information we need to let the user know.  You know how ubuntu tells
> you
> >  when you try to run a command that is not installed?  Like you do svn
> and if
> >  not installed it will tell you which package you need to install to
> have
> >  that command, that's what we need here.
>
> Yep. I gonna work this out for 1.5.3, it will be really helpful.
>
> btw, most of our error messages sucks ;) btw(2) most of LDAP error
> messages sucks a LOT !!!

Ahhhh yeah they suck aaaalllllll night long.

This is a great project for someone interested in getting involved but does
not know how to best start diving in.  Any takers willing to help out under
the guidance and limitless time/patience of Mr. Emmanuel Lecharny? :-D

Alex

Re: Error 'attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered' when importing LDIF

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> You know when we detect that an OID is not registered we could ask the
>  schema partition to tell us which schema it is as well as all the other
>  information we need to let the user know.  You know how ubuntu tells you
>  when you try to run a command that is not installed?  Like you do svn and if
>  not installed it will tell you which package you need to install to have
>  that command, that's what we need here.

Yep. I gonna work this out for 1.5.3, it will be really helpful.

btw, most of our error messages sucks ;) btw(2) most of LDAP error
messages sucks a LOT !!!

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Error 'attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered' when importing LDIF

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.