Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by maha jarallah <m_...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/26 19:22:45 UTC

How to use openNLP in command tool

Hi everyone,

I tried to use sentence detector command tool by following the instruction in the documentation so I wrote
$bin/opennlp SentenceDetector en-sent.bin < input.txt > output.txt

First I wrote the above command in the command line in windows and it does not recognize the $bin

then I used Windows powershell but it always gives me error
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\cs> $bin en-sent.bin Test.txt output.txt
Unexpected token 'en-sent.bin' in expression or statement.
At line:1 char:17
+ $bin en-sent.bin <<<<  Test.txt output.txt
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (en-sent.bin:String) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

what is the wrong?

Re: How to use openNLP in command tool

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Maha Jarallah,

You have to download the binary release files and unzip them to the same
CS directory.  The binary release files have the bin directory and a lib
directory for the .JAR files for java.
The model can not run on its own.

James

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.