Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by skipper <ha...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/02/18 03:22:32 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual dns to implement apache/iis virtual hosts

Chris, you seem to be the most knowledgable about DNS/DDNS ....do you have any idea how to set up virtual name servers so we can implement the features of apache/iis.

Re: [users@httpd] virtual dns to implement apache/iis virtual hosts

Posted by skipper <ha...@sbcglobal.net>.
well thanks for the links benjamin, I read them but they don't seem relevant
to the proper virtual dns
issues to implement virtual hosts... Chris has found
a way to use BIND9.0 to resolve the problem but
the DNS server in NT/2000 will not permit various
domain names without creating new domain zones
each of which require more name servers...so the issue is how to implement
virtual name servers all on one machine or else just use BIND9.0.

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.

--
Benjamin Krueger