Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com> on 2006/10/26 00:00:44 UTC

new validator: dateRestrictionValidator

Hi,

I'd like to add a new validator. My proposed name is
DateRestrictionValidator, other suggestions welcome. This would support
attributes like:

invalidMonths - example: dates in April are invalid
invalidDaysOfWeek - example: Saturdays and Sundays are invalid
invalidDays - example: 12-25-06 and 1-1-07 are invalid

The exact api's will be discussed further as the implemenation is worked
out.

Does anyone oppose this or can I open an issue?

Thanks,

Gabrielle

Re: Re: new validator: dateRestrictionValidator

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I guess that
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/adffaces/trunk/trinidad/trinidad-api/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/model/DateListProvider.java?revision=426687&view=markup

-M

On 10/27/06, Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Arjuna, what javadoc are you talking about?  I don't see
> any Javadoc for DateListProvider in this JIRA issue.
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 10/27/06, Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1 to using DateListProvider.
> > However, it needs better javadoc. I would like it to clearly say that the
> > rangeStart date and the rangeEnd date are both inclusive.
> > That way, if you're testing a single date, you can pass that date as both
> > the rangeStart and end.
> >
> > Also, the javadoc should say that each implementation of DateListProvider
> > should decide whether it is interested in the time portion or not. To use an
> > example I got from Gab,  if the DateListProvider is providing a list of
> > appointments, then the Date objects returned should have interesting time
> > portions.  If the DateListProvider is providing a list of holidays, then the
> > Date object should have normalized time portions (time portion is set to
> > zero).
> >
> > Also, it would be nice if the javadoc requires that the List<Date> provided
> > must provide the Dates sorted in increasing order.
> >
> > --arjuna
> >

> > On 10/27/06, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > DateListProvider sounds interesting for that,
> > > I take a look at this API.
> > >
> > > thx,
> > > Matt

> > > for
> > > and

> > > an

> > > --
> > > Matthias Wessendorf
> > > http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
> > >
> > > further stuff:

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 to using DateListProvider.
However, it needs better javadoc. I would like it to clearly say that the
rangeStart date and the rangeEnd date are both inclusive.
That way, if you're testing a single date, you can pass that date as both
the rangeStart and end.

Also, the javadoc should say that each implementation of DateListProvider
should decide whether it is interested in the time portion or not. To use an
example I got from Gab,  if the DateListProvider is providing a list of
appointments, then the Date objects returned should have interesting time
portions.  If the DateListProvider is providing a list of holidays, then the
Date object should have normalized time portions (time portion is set to

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Comment below.

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.
I like the name

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the validator.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I bet!

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great idea!

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
I would love it.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.
Can you describe what type the three "invalid" attributes are?
--arjuna