Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2000/10/01 07:14:31 UTC

Re: Apache-SOAP performance

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> It would be useful to gather some performance information about
> the current impl so any pitfalls can be avoided in the next
> version that's currently being designed here.

hi,

we have performed evaluation of RMI systems including benchmarking of
serialization and deserialization for Apache SOAP. tests can be easily
modified and extended (all test drivers implement TestDriver interface).

when executing tests configuration is controlled by properties file (ex.:
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/soap/sc00-tests/src/etc/tests.properties)
including class name of test driver, size of tests, output format and output
directory.

source code is available at
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/soap/index.html#download

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut