Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by freddy79 <fr...@edeka.de> on 2017/04/27 12:26:29 UTC

Spatial Search: can not use FieldCache on a field which is neither indexed nor has doc values: latitudeLongitude_0_coordinate

Hi,

when doing a query with spatial search i get the error: can not use
FieldCache on a field which is neither indexed nor has doc values:
latitudeLongitude_0_coordinate

*SOLR Version:* 6.1.0
*schema.xml:*

<fieldType name="location" class="solr.LatLonType"
subFieldSuffix="_coordinate" />
<field name="latitudeLongitude" type="location" indexed="true"
stored="false" multiValued="false"  />

*Query:*
http://localhost:8983/solr/career_educationVacancyLocation/select?q=*:*&fq={!geofilt}&sfield=latitudeLongitude&pt=48.15,16.23&d=10

*Error Message:*
can not use FieldCache on a field which is neither indexed nor has doc
values: latitudeLongitude_0_coordinate

What is wrong? Thanks.

Re: Spatial Search: can not use FieldCache on a field which is neither indexed nor has doc values: latitudeLongitude_0_coordinate

Posted by freddy79 <fr...@edeka.de>.
It does work with "solr.LatLonPointSpatialField" instead of
"solr.LatLonType".

<fieldType name="location" class="solr.LatLonPointSpatialField"
docValues="true"/>

But why not with "solr.LatLonType"?

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Frederick,

RE LatLonType: Weird. Is the dynamic field "_coordinate" defined?  It
should be.... ensure it has indexed=true on it.  I forget if indexed needs
to be set on that or on the LLT field that refers to it but to be sure set
on both.

RE LatLonPointSpatialField: You should use this for sure assuming you are
using the latest Solr release (6.5.x).  You said "Solr version 6.1.0" which
doesn't have this field type though.

~ David