Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org> on 2003/12/07 12:34:39 UTC

Connecting to james from outside

Hi, I would like to write an applet to manage James from outside. Basically
my applet will be a portlet in a portal. Now I would like to know the best
practice to connect to the James server from an external application.

Can I use a socket? Can I use RMI? Is there some sample code that shows the
best practices?

Thanks,

Marco

RE: Connecting to james from outside

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Hi, I would like to write an applet to manage James from outside.
> Can I use a socket? Can I use RMI? Is there some sample code

There is an RMI manager in the proposals/ section.  If you are really keen,
you could look at implementing it.  Eventually, though, we'll use JMX.

	--- Noel