Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Wolfgang Hoschek <wh...@lbl.gov> on 2004/09/10 06:03:39 UTC

[Math] Colt

FYI, if some of you Math guys would like to refer to Colt and/or take
ideas as you see fit:

A lot of licensing issues with COLT have been cleaned up in the latest
stable release (1.2.0).
In particular, there are no GPL and no commercial clauses anymore.

The software distribution has moved to a new site:

	http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/

where you can check this out and/or download the release.

Wolfgang.

Re: [Math] Colt

Posted by Al Chou <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Wolfgang Hoschek <wh...@lbl.gov> wrote:
> FYI, if some of you Math guys would like to refer to Colt and/or take
> ideas as you see fit:
>
> A lot of licensing issues with COLT have been cleaned up in the latest
> stable release (1.2.0).
> In particular, there are no GPL and no commercial clauses anymore.
>
> The software distribution has moved to a new site:
>
> 	http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/
>
> where you can check this out and/or download the release.

Wolfgang,

That's fantastic.  I noticed the current licenses last week and thought that
everything except the hep.aida.* packages were pretty compatible with the
Apache license, though of course IANAL.  Thanks very much, I hope we can
benefit from your generosity!

Al