Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mark Hamilton <ma...@ccountry.com> on 2005/07/13 22:42:36 UTC

2 Questions

I have 2 questions.

1.  Does anyone know if spamassassin is going to support DKIM when Yahoo and
Cisco get it released?

2.  Is there a quick way to blacklist a country?

Some background for #2:
I have a customer who wants to filter anything coming from China or Korea
but for obvious reasons I don't want to make this a site wide type of
filter.  I have spamassassins spamd installed on 5 servers and I am using
spamc to access them over a gigabit backplane network from several mail
stores.  I use procmail to do the email backup, calling spamc, email
forwarding and dumping email to a user accessible junkmail folder if
spamassassin determines that an email is spam.  The pool of spamassassin
machines have a replicated database with each of the users preferences in
it.  We have a web site we designed for our users to log into so they can
control their own preferences that updates the database.  Is there some test
I can tell my customer to add to his preferences to filter China?  I didn't
see anything that filters based on locale.

Re: 2 Questions

Posted by Mark Hamilton <ma...@ccountry.com>.
> Mark Hamilton wrote:
> > I have 2 questions.
> >
> > 1.  Does anyone know if spamassassin is going to support DKIM when Yahoo
and
> > Cisco get it released?
> >
> > 2.  Is there a quick way to blacklist a country?
> >

> pre-built as a RBL for your convenience:
> http://www.blackholes.us/
>
> Which can be made into a SA rule pretty easy if you have DNS checks
enabled:

> header RCVD_IN_CHINA_KR         eval:check_rbl('countrycnkr',
> 'cn-kr.blackholes.us.')
> describe RCVD_IN_CHINA_KR       Received from China or Korea
> tflags  RCVD_IN_CHINA_KR        net
> score RCVD_IN_CHINA_KR          1.0
>

> Note, watch for line-wraps, that's supposed to only be 4 lines of text.

Hey, that was painless and effective.
Thanks
Mark

Re: 2 Questions

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

Re: 2 Questions

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Mark Hamilton wrote:
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1.  Does anyone know if spamassassin is going to support DKIM when Yahoo and
> Cisco get it released?

Whoops, forgot to answer this part..

It looks like a plugin is being developed:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-commits/200501.mbox/%3C20050120035107.23081.qmail@minotaur.apache.org%3E

And said plugin appears to be included with SA 3.1.0-pre3.