Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Laszlo Dosa <la...@fredhopper.com> on 2010/08/04 14:46:02 UTC

DistributedRowMatrix.times().numRows() gives strange value

Hi,

I try to multiply two matrices: A(kxm) and B(kxn). (rows x columns)

I use the DistributedRowMatrix.times() to do this:  C = A.times(B).

Calling C.numRows() I get k as a result, while I expected m.

So, I checked the code. Line 145 is:

DistributedRowMatrix out = new DistributedRowMatrix(outPath, outputTmpPath,
numRows, other.numCols());

My question is: shouldn't be line 145 as follows?

DistributedRowMatrix out = new DistributedRowMatrix(outPath, outputTmpPath,
numCols, other.numCols());

Cheers,

Laszlo