Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by "Wood, Aaron" <aa...@verizon.com> on 2016/10/10 18:39:52 UTC

Re: [E] Re: Require GCC >= 4.9

Hi,

-Wall and -Werror have been set on Mesos for quite some time now. It¹s
only in libprocess and stout that they were never set.
Good point about trusty not including gcc 4.9. Do you think it would be
acceptable to instruct people to take it from the toolchain PPA?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ToolChain#PPA_packages

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: [E] Re: Require GCC >= 4.9

Posted by "Wood, Aaron" <aa...@verizon.com>.
Okay, I can add some logic to use the appropriate flag depending on the
compiler version. At least that way there is some sort of stack protection
for either case.

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: [E] Re: Require GCC >= 4.9