Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roman <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/12 13:15:37 UTC

Ordered plugin execution on build phase

Hello,

I wonder what is the correct way to specify/customize the order for
different plugins to execute their goals during a build phase?
I want the following order of execution during pre-integration-test
phase: plugin1.goal1, plugin2.goal1, plugin1.goal2. What is a correct
way to achieve this?

Below is my situation in more details:

I need to start a clean J2EE container (JBoss AS) before integration
tests. In order to accomplish this the build should go through 3
ordered steps:
1. Stop J2EE container if it is running (the previous build attempt
might have left it running)
2. Wait for it to stop.
3. Reinstall J2EE container
4. Start the container
5. Deploy application
All of the above steps should fire before integration tests are fired,
i.e. during pre-integration-test build phase.

So, I configured maven-antrun-plugin to do step #2 and #3 and
jboss-maven-plugin to do steps #1, 4 5.

The issue is that jboss-maven-plugin is fired fully before
maven-antrun-plugin or vice versa, depending on what is defined first
in pom.xml. But I need a subset of goals from jboss-maven-plugin to
fire, then maven-antrun-plugin to fire and, finally, remaining goals
from jboss-maven-plugin to fire.

Thank you in advance,
Roman

Re: Ordered plugin execution on build phase

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You need to use two phases for this.
Phase 1:
plugin1.goal1
plugin2.goal1
Phase 2:
plugin1.goal2

Two goals of the same plugin can't be split but has to be configured
together.

Related JIRAs:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2258
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2784