Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Morley Howell <mo...@orbiscommunications.com> on 2004/07/19 20:10:27 UTC

Pass data from XSP to sitemap

Hi all,

I have an XSP that uses the SOAP logicsheet to call a web service. My XSP
parses the response and extracts a few bits of information from it. I need
to make this information accessible to the sitemap. I tried setting request
attributes in the XSP, and then accessing them in the sitemap with the
request-attr input module, without success. Cocoon evaluates the request
attributes before the XSP gets called, even though I don't use the
request-attr input module until after the XSP.

Is there any way to get an XSP page to execute some logic before it outputs
any XML to the pipeline?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Morley

Re: Pass data from XSP to sitemap

Posted by Stephanie Zohner <st...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Have you tried to write your piece of information in the (session) context
in your XSP and then merge it in an XSLT with the session transformer?

Hope this hint was helpful and is applicable for you.

Regards,

Stephanie