Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/17 23:20:28 UTC

JMeter remote tracking slaves and samples

OK.  I finally got jmeter remote testing working.  so, I setup 5 slaves and 1
controller.  In my test plan, i set 100 threads (users).  I have 2
questions:

1) Is 100 threads run on every slave or is it 100 spread among 5 slaves
which translate to 20 per slave?
2) How to track the response time from each slave?

Thanks

Re: JMeter remote tracking slaves and samples

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/03/2008, wicket0123 <to...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  OK.  I finally got jmeter remote testing working.  so, I setup 5 slaves and 1
>  controller.  In my test plan, i set 100 threads (users).  I have 2
>  questions:
>
>  1) Is 100 threads run on every slave or is it 100 spread among 5 slaves
>  which translate to 20 per slave?

The same test plan is sent to all slaves.

>  2) How to track the response time from each slave?

The samples are sent back to the client JMeter; you can configure the
Listener to "Save Hostname" - i.e. the hostname where the sample was
taken.