Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2012/10/04 08:25:08 UTC

1.7.7 up for testing/signing

The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
Please get the tarballs from
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
and add your signatures there. Thanks!

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
On 10/04/2012 02:25 AM, Ben Reser wrote:
> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there. Thanks!

   +1 to release.

Platform:

   Ubuntu 12.04.1 (precise) Linux (x86)
   Python 2.7.3
   Perl 5.14.2
   Ruby 1.8.7
   Java 1.6.0_24

Verified:

   I tested the following (with pre-installed dependencies):

      ((svn, neon, serf, local) x (fsfs, bdb))
         + swig-py + javahl + swig-rb + ctypes-python

   All tests pass[1].

SHA1 Checksums:

7380b3e03ca57aa63f45ea4f64e8e0b66b0c97a9  subversion-1.7.7.tar.gz
c9fc0c5992eda36ba9affd93a15929e25958a951  subversion-1.7.7.tar.bz2

GPG Signatures

::: subversion-1.7.7.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-1.7.7.tar.bz2 :::

[1] ...so long as your testing directory isn't accessed via symlink,
    but this appears to be an old bug, not a regression of this release.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Enterprise Cloud Development

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 05.10.2012 19:53, Philip Herron wrote:
> Sorry for flooding but i get errors building libsvn_subr UINT64_C not
> being defined. I got around the previous problem with copying the libs
> so they are named correctly.

Bad idea. One set of libs are static, the other are DLL import
libraries. The names differ in the "lib" prefix. Don't mix the two.

-- Brane

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Sorry for flooding but i get errors building libsvn_subr UINT64_C not
being defined. I got around the previous problem with copying the libs
so they are named correctly.

--Phil

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
<ph...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Decided to try using the 2010 vcnet version for gen-make.py, and upgraded in
> VC2012. But running msbuild subversion_bla.sln /p:UseEnv=true fails
> miserably. Running in VC looks like its working. But i need to tell it to
> include and lib paths Which seems painful.

I do my Windows builds using command line.  I believe I am currently
using VS 2008 for the builds I sign.  When you install VS, it installs
a shortcut that opens a Windows command prompt with all of the VS
envvars already set.  That is what I use as my starting point.  I then
just have some batch files that run the Python script and follow that
by running the "devenv" command to build the solution.  This is pretty
much how I have always done it going back to MSVC 6.  The only thing
that really changed was the name of the command line tool to build the
solution.

Bert also has build scripts that he uses that use MSBuild.  I know
these work with VS 2010, but not sure if he updated them yet for 2012.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Decided to try using the 2010 vcnet version for gen-make.py, and
upgraded in VC2012. But running msbuild subversion_bla.sln
/p:UseEnv=true fails miserably. Running in VC looks like its working.
But i need to tell it to include and lib paths Which seems painful.

Posted by Роман Донченко <dp...@corrigendum.ru>.
Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com> писал в своём письме Fri, 05
Oct 2012 18:35:54 +0400:

> cmd /c build_locale.bat Debug
>    The system cannot find the path specified.
>    A subdirectory or file ..\..\Debug\mo already exists.
>    Running msgfmt on de.po...
>    python: can't open file '..\..\build\strip-po-charset.py': [Errno 2]
> No such file or directory
>    (null): error while opening "de.spo" for reading: No such file or
> directory
>    Could Not Find
> C:\subversion-builds\subversion\subversion-1.7.7\build\win32\vcnet-vcproj\de.spo
>    Running msgfmt on es.po...
>    python: can't open file '..\..\build\strip-po-charset.py': [Errno 2]
> No such file or directory
>    (null): error while opening "es.spo" for reading: No such file or
> directory
>    Could Not Find
> C:\subversion-builds\subversion\subversion-1.7.7\build\win32\vcnet-vcproj\es.spo

This looks like the bug I fixed in trunk in r1369686.

Roman.

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com>.

--
Mat Booth
Software Engineer

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Herron <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 11:25:08PM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:
> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there. Thanks!

Tested: [bdb | fsfs] x [ra_local | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf]
        swig bindings
	javahl bindings

Test results: All passed, except JavaHL has one test failure if
              the working copy root is a symlink but this doesn't
	      seem to be a regression from 1.7.6.

Platform: OpenBSD 5.2 amd64

Dependencies:
bdb:        4.7.25
GNU-iconv:  1.14
apr:        1.4.6
apr-util:   1.4.1
httpd:      2.2.22
neon:       0.29.6
serf:       1.1.0
cyrus-sasl: 2.1.25
sqlite:     3071201
openssl:    1.0.0f
swig:       1.3.36
python:     2.7.3
perl:       5.12.2
ruby:       1.8.7-p358
java:       1.7.0_03

Signatures:

subversion-1.7.7.tar.bz2.asc

subversion-1.7.7.tar.gz.asc

subversion-1.7.7.zip.asc

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
   +1 to release.

Platform:

   Mac OS X 10.7.4 (Lion) (x86_64)
   Python 2.7.1
   Perl 5.12.3
   Java 1.6.0

Dependencies:

   Standard OS linbraries:
      APR 1.4.2
      APR-Util 1.3.10
      Apache HTTPD 2.2.21
      OpenSSL 0.9.8r

   Dependencies from homebrew:
      Neon 0.29.6
      Serf 1.1.0
      Berkeley DB 5.3.21
      Swig 2.0.7
      SQLite 3.6.13

Verified:

   I tested the following:

      fsfs x (local, neon, serf, svn)
      bdb x local
      javahl, swig-pl, ctypes-python

   All tests pass.

   Verified that the contents of the tar.bz2 package are identical
   to the tar.gz package.

   Did not test swig-py and swig-rb.

Notes:

   swig-py and swig-rb do not build out-of-tree; not a release blocker, IMO.

   swig-py and swig-rb fail to link because they attempt to build
   universal binaries, but not all dependencies (notoriously, the svn
   libs themselves) contain all architectures. Not a release blocker, IMO.

PGP Signatures

::: subversion-1.7.7.tar.gz :::

::: subversion-1.7.7.tar.bz2 :::

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
>> Voting is currently at:
>>
>> Unix: 2 (brane, cmpilato)
>> Windows: (pburba, markphip)
>
> Now at:
>
> Unix: 3 (brane, cmpilato, philip)
> Windows: 2 (pburba, markphip)

We've reached sufficient votes to release with the following votes:

Unix: 4 (brane, cmpilato, philip, stsp)
Windows: 3 (pburba, markphip, jcorvel)

The release is now waiting the 24 hour period for mirrors to receive
the new files.

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 05.10.2012 23:43, Ben Reser wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
>>> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
>>> Please get the tarballs from
>>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>>> and add your signatures there. Thanks!
>> Branko, I see you add your signatures for the tar files.  But I don't
>> see a test report from you.
>
> Yah, that's right. I got sidetracked. FWIW, +1 to release, and I'll send
> a report when I have a bit of time.

Voting is currently at:

Unix: 2 (brane, cmpilato)
Windows: (pburba, markphip)

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there. Thanks!

Summary
-------
+1 to release

Platform
--------
Windows XP (32 bit) SP3
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express

Verified
--------
signature and sha1 for subversion-1.7.7.zip

Tested
------
[ Release build ] x [ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | neon | serf ]

Results
-------
All tests pass

I also manually tested some large exports and checkouts with serf, to
validate the fixes for issue #4174 (in svn 1.7.7 and in serf 1.1.1).

Dependencies
------------
Httpd 2.2.22
Apr 1.4.5
Apr-Util 1.4.1
Apr-Iconv 1.2.1
Neon 0.29.6
OpenSSL 1.0.0d
Serf 1.1.1
SQLite 3.7.14.1
ZLib 1.2.6

Signature
---------

subversion-1.7.7.zip:

--
Johan

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
>> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
>> Please get the tarballs from
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>> and add your signatures there. Thanks!
>
> If possible I'd like to wait for serf 1.1.1 to test this release with,
> so I can validate a 1.7.7 which has a working serf for https on
> Windows (issue #4174 [1]).
>
> Lieven, any idea if a serf 1.1.1 release is feasible in the next
> coming days? If it's not possible, I'll go test it with serf 1.1.0,
> but if it could be there in a couple of days I'd prefer waiting for
> it.
>
> [1] http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=4174 - serf:
> checkout / export over https errors out with "svn: E730053: Error
> retrieving REPORT (730053)"

My intention is to release on the 9th (though if we're ready earlier
I'll release earlier).

RE: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

I upgraded the Windows buildbot to this new version and will run my tests
using serf 1.1.1.

Thanks,
	Bert

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@apache.org>.
Johan,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
>> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
>> Please get the tarballs from
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>> and add your signatures there. Thanks!
>
> If possible I'd like to wait for serf 1.1.1 to test this release with,
> so I can validate a 1.7.7 which has a working serf for https on
> Windows (issue #4174 [1]).
>
> Lieven, any idea if a serf 1.1.1 release is feasible in the next
> coming days? If it's not possible, I'll go test it with serf 1.1.0,
> but if it could be there in a couple of days I'd prefer waiting for
> it.

The packages for serf 1.1.1 are uploaded on the serf project page,
I'll send out the announcement soon.

Lieven

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there. Thanks!

SUMMARY:
+1 to release

PLATFORM:
 Windows 7
 VS 2008 SP1
 Java 1.6

COMPONENTS:
 Apache        2.2.19
 APR             1.4.5
 APR-UTIL    1.3.12
 OpenSSL     1.0.0a
 Neon            0.29.6
 Serf             1.0.0
 ZLib             1.2.4
 SQLite         3.7.7.1

VERIFIED:
 signature and sha1

TESTED:
 JavaHL
 ra_local | ra_svn | ra_neon | ra_serf X fsfs

RESULTS:
 All passed

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
  +1 to release

Platform:

  Linux (Debian/squeeze)

Tested:

  (local, svn, svn+sasl, serf, neon) x (fsfs, fsfs/pack/shard, bdb)
  (serf/v1, neon/v1) x (fsfs, bdb)
  swig-pl, swig-py, swig-rb
  javahl x (fsfs, bdb)

Results:

  All tests PASS

Local dependencies:

  apache2-threaded-dev : 2.2.16-6+squeeze8
  libapr1-dev : 1.4.2-6+squeeze4
  libaprutil1-dev : 1.3.9+dfsg-5
  libdb4.8-dev : 4.8.30-2
  libneon27-dev : 0.29.3-3
  libsasl2-dev : 2.1.23.dfsg1-7
  libsqlite3-dev : 3.7.13-1~bpo60+1
  perl : 5.10.1-17squeeze3
  python2.6-dev : 2.6.6-8+b1
  ruby1.8-dev : 1.8.7.302-2squeeze1
  openjdk-6-jdk : 6b18-1.8.13-0+squeeze2
  serf : 1.1.x@1624

subversion-1.7.7.tar.bz2

subversion-1.7.7.tar.gz

--
Join us this October at Subversion Live 2012
http://www.wandisco.com/svn-live-2012

Re: 1.7.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> The 1.7.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there. Thanks!

SUMMARY:
---------
+1 to release

VERIFIED:
---------
Other than the expected differences in
subversion/include/svn_version.h,
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.7.zip
is identical to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/branches/1.7.x@1393599.

SHA1 Checksum of
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion/subversion-1.7.7.zip
is 833afb35245cf0bc0de948a1b4c47805221fe438

TESTED:
-------
[Release-Build] x[ fsfs | bdb ] x [ file | svn | http (neon) | http (serf) ]
Ruby bindings (patched as described here:
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2011-06/0682.shtml)
JavaHL Bindings

RESULTS:
--------
All Tests Pass

PLATFORM:
---------
MS Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
APR: 1.4.6
APR-UTIL: 1.4.1