Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by er...@accenture.com on 2001/07/11 04:14:37 UTC

lost parameter contents in soap call

I'm making a (somewhat) successful java (Apache) to .net beta 2 soap
call but I'm having a small problem.  The call is going through and on
the server side, processing of the call is taking place.  But the
incoming parameters I receive are blank.  I'm using the tracing tool
and checking out the incoming request and everything seems to match
up, schemas, soap action, yada yada and the parameters are populated.
After much research I'm beginning to think it has to do with the
typing of each element of the operation that the Apache implementation
uses.  I was hoping that someone has ran across this problem before
and would have a solution or could tell me how to deal with this.
Thanks a lot for your time.  For fun I'll present the request and
response:

POST /Logging/LoggingHandler.asmx HTTP/1.0
Host: localhost
SOAPAction: "http://localhost/Logging/logError"

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:logError xmlns:ns1="http://localhost/Logging/"
<className xsi:type="xsd:string">classNameYES</className>
<methodName xsi:type="xsd:string">methodNameYES</methodName>
<message xsi:type="xsd:string">messageYES</message>
</ns1:logError>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:58:15 GMT
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <soap:Body>
    <logErrorResponse xmlns="http://localhost/Logging" />
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.