Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2002/04/09 13:22:01 UTC

Help with timeouts in 1.3

Hi all,

I am busy working on getting 100-continue support fixed in the 1.3
proxy. According to the protocol, a client or proxy must not wait
forever for a 100-continue response line before sending the request
data, otherwise it becomes impossible to talk to HTTP/1.0 servers.

I don't know how I should be handling timeouts in this situation. I need
the read-the-potential-100-continue to time out after about 5 seconds or
so (safe value? RFC2616 doesn't suggest a timeout length for this).
Anyone got a bit of example code I could use to get started off...?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street