Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Hilden <A....@iks-gmbh.com> on 2008/05/08 15:46:08 UTC

ANT: charsets in replace-task

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with charsets, by using the "replace-task" of Ant in the
Eclipse IDE.
After ant relaces a token  (the value of the token comes from a
".properties-file") in an xml-file, where the charset "UTF-8" is used (<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>), some special characters (such as:
ZàèìòùÀÈÌÒÙáéíóúýÁÉÍÓÚÝâêîôûÂÊÎÔÛãñõÃÑÕäëïöüÿÄËÏÖÜŸçÇåÅðÐøØ)  are not
represented correctly and Eclipse is not able to show the content of this
file after the replacement.
I have already changed the charset of all concerning files to "UTF-8", but
it still doesn't work.

Is there a solution for this problem? maybe a way to tell the replace-task
of ant to use the UTF-8 charset.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Arash

Re: ANT: charsets in replace-task

Posted by Brian Agnew <br...@oopsconsultancy.com>.
XMLTask will handle char replacements and character sets in XML.

Brian

--
Brian Agnew                  http://www.oopsconsultancy.com
OOPS Consultancy Ltd         brian @ oopsconsultancy.com

AW: ANT: charsets in replace-task

Posted by "Akhoundi, Arash" <A....@iks-gmbh.com>.
Thank you very much,

it works!

Arash Akhoundi

iks Gesellschaft für
Informations- und
Kommunikationssysteme mbH
Siemensstraße 27
40721 Hilden
Telefon 02103/5872-21
Telefax 02103/5872-58
E-Mail mailto:a.akhoundi@iks-gmbh.com

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
<replace encoding="utf-8" ....

Posted by "Akhoundi, Arash" <A....@iks-gmbh.com>.
Hi,

I did this. But the main problem is not showing the file, because when I open the file through the explorer the content is shown.

The main problem ist, that the special characters are replaced by some other charcters.

For example:

Original characters: ZàèìòùÀÈÌÒÙáéíóúýÁÉÍÓÚÝâêîôûÂÊÎÔÛãñõÃÑÕäëïöüÿÄËÏÖÜŸçÇåÅðÐøØ\

After the replacement: èìòùÀÈÌÒÙáéíóúý�É�ÓÚ�âêîôûÂÊÎÔÛãñõÃÑÕäëïöüÿÄË�ÖÜŸçÇåÅð�øØ

Posted by Prashant Reddy <pr...@pramati.com>.