Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Valet | edelight <al...@edelight.de> on 2011/07/21 10:39:36 UTC

Java replication takes slaves down

Hi everybody,

we are using Solr 1.4.1 as our search backend and are replicating (Java based) from one master to four slaves.
When our index data grew in size (optimized around 4,5 GB) lately we started having huge trouble to spread a new index to
the slaves. They run on 100% CPU and are not able to serve request anymore. We have to kill the
Java process to start them again...

Does anybody have a similar experience? Any hints or ideas on how to set up proper replication?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Java replication takes slaves down

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.
How often do you replicate? Could it be a too-frequent-commit problem?
(a replication is a commit to the slave).