Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/12/10 23:46:53 UTC

[smx-4.0] Added create command

Just a heads up.  I just added a create command to the smx console.
It will create a servicemix instance directory.  The instance
directory is configured to have isolated config and data but shares
the bundles/binaries with the servicemix home directory.

I'm hoping one day we can get to the point where the main servicemix
4.0 install acts alot like a yum/fink/apt package management system
where an admin installs bundles into it.. and then users share that
install by running separate servicemix instances.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: [smx-4.0] Added create command

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Yep..  I was think about that but the down side would be that the
config generated would not be consistent since it depends on the stuff
in the install directory.  Plus I think that eventually instance
configurations are going different than the default distribution
configuration.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Great !

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/2007, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Just a heads up.  I just added a create command to the smx console.
> It will create a servicemix instance directory.  The instance
> directory is configured to have isolated config and data but shares
> the bundles/binaries with the servicemix home directory.

Awesome!

> I'm hoping one day we can get to the point where the main servicemix
> 4.0 install acts alot like a yum/fink/apt package management system
> where an admin installs bundles into it.. and then users share that
> install by running separate servicemix instances.

Sounds great. Being able to spin up instances of ServiceMix or
ActiveMQ Brokers with all the ports just working would be great too!
:)

--
James
-------