Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Dr. Bhatia Praveen" <pr...@sumpurn.com> on 2009/03/16 09:04:33 UTC

maintaining the non-default locale setting

Hi,
  How does one maintain a locale setting set by the user?
  Example:
1) Forrest is say set in default English locale
2) If we add a clickable option to choose language, say, french (?locale=fr)
3) User clicks french. The current page displayed should turn to French
4) When he goes to next page that should also be in French (and not English)

How does one carry this new locale setting by the user to the subsequent
pages?

One of the forrest users website does this, so it is doable! (refer :
http://www.verit.de/de/index.html). Can someone let us know how.

thanks
Praveen

Re: maintaining the non-default locale setting

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 17:04 +0900, Dr. Bhatia Praveen wrote:
> Hi,
>   How does one maintain a locale setting set by the user?
>   Example:
> 1) Forrest is say set in default English locale
> 2) If we add a clickable option to choose language, say, french (?locale=fr)
> 3) User clicks french. The current page displayed should turn to French
> 4) When he goes to next page that should also be in French (and not English)
>
> How does one carry this new locale setting by the user to the subsequent
> pages?
>
> One of the forrest users website does this, so it is doable! (refer :
> http://www.verit.de/de/index.html). Can someone let us know how.

Not sure but it seems they are matching the language via the path
(.../de/...). From there you can implement a match in your sitemap that
is doing the rewrite.

salu2
Open Source <consulting, training and solutions>