Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/07/10 22:59:35 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-beta2[RC1]

Hi Justin,

Thanks for you review.

These fonts[1] are from "ant-design" project, which is already list in our License file. I think the mistake is, we shouldn't add Apache head to that file, instead, we should add exclusion in rat and put some comments there too. Thanks for pointing this out.

I want to ask, could we fix this issue in our next release?

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From:  "Justin Mclean"<ju...@me.com>;
Date:  Wed, Jul 11, 2018 06:21 AM
To:  "general"<ge...@incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 5.0.0-beta2[RC1]

Hi,

Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) as it's unclear how the fonts [1] are licensed and they may be category X.

The svg version of the fonts looks like it may of had an ASF apache header incorrectly added.

For the source release I checked:
- incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing license information for icon fonts [1]
- NOTICE is OK
- No unexpected binary files
- all source files have headers

Thanks,
Justin

1.  apache-skywalking-apm-incubating-5.0.0-beta2/skywalking-ui/public/font/iconfont/iconfont.