Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Deaton <TD...@co.guilford.nc.us> on 2005/05/18 16:05:19 UTC

blocking url's

another newbie here... how do I block a URL with SpamAssassin?

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized county official. If you have received this communication in
error , please do not distribute it. Please notify the sender by E-mail
at the address shown and delete the original message.

Thank you

Re: blocking url's

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Thomas Deaton wrote:
> another newbie here... how do I block a URL with SpamAssassin?

You'd have to write a uri rule. There's no quick-and-dirty 'blacklist_url", but
writing URI rules isn't hard.

A simple intro to basic and intermediate rules can be found at:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

Re: blocking url's

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 7:25:28 AM, Duncan Hill wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 May 2005 15:05, Thomas Deaton typed:
>> another newbie here... how do I block a URL with SpamAssassin?

> The most SA will ever do is tag your mail for you saying a URL was present.
> uri rules do this.  You can then filter based on the headers added by SA.

> If you never want to ever see the mail, use rules at the MTA level to bin the
> mail or reject it.  Or write a clamav signature and classify the mail as a
> virus (overkill?).

Yes, technically speaking SA doesn't block anything, it tags
messages that look like spam.  Then it's up to some other program
to decide what to do with the message.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan