Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Carson Chittom <ca...@wistly.net> on 2014/05/05 15:03:42 UTC

selecting more sheets to print on MS Office spreadsheet

I'm using Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 (on Slackware, if it matters).

I have a Microsoft Office spreadsheet (xlsx) with multiple sheets that
I'm trying to print.  However, when I look under "Page Break Preview",
only the first sheet has "Page 1," "Page 2," etc.  And in fact, when I
hit print, only the first sheet prints, despite "All Sheets" being
selected.

I looked in the bundled help but didn't see anything in particular
addressing this.

Can somebody point me in the right direction to get all sheets to print?

Re: selecting more sheets to print on MS Office spreadsheet

Posted by Richard Detwiler <RL...@aol.com>.
The situation with Calc print ranges is the following, from what I can tell:

1. If no print ranges are specified on any sheet, then the default range
is to print everything on each sheet.

2. However, if you specify a range on any one sheet, the default range
for all of the other sheets (which you haven't specified a range for)
changes to "print nothing".

3. Thus, if you define a print range on one sheet, and you want to print
something from another sheet or sheets as well, then you need to define
print ranges for those other sheets as well.

I just confirmed this behaviour on a simple spread sheet. With no print
ranges set on any of the 3 sheets that I had, they all would print
(based on a print preview).

When I defined a print range on Sheet1, then only Sheet1 would print
(again based on a print preview).

When I removed the print range from Sheet1, then once again all three
sheets would print.

This is the way that Calc has always been, in the 8 years or so I've
used it. To me, it seems like rather strange behaviour, but as long as
one is aware that this is what it does, it can be dealt with.

Posted by Girvin Herr <gi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Carson,

Posted by Carson Chittom <ca...@wistly.net>.
Girvin Herr <gi...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Have you checked Print Ranges?

Thanks, got it squared away.  I appreciate the assistance.