Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/20 22:47:38 UTC

Replace all instances of ORM with ODM in Gora

Hi All,
I am opening a new thread for this as it is too important to confuse with
the great convo Christian has on his other thread.
I think we need to replace instances of ORM with ODM. Object to DataStore
Mapping is exactly what Gora is... it is not relational... this was brought
up when we were pushing to graduate.
(a while back)
http://www.mail-archive.com/gora-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg01191.html
I think the terminology change is due. Any thoughts?
???
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Replace all instances of ORM with ODM in Gora

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Definitely! This is the same reason in my last email to Gora Dev I wrote
O(R)M instead of ORM.

The term ORM is totally confusing and misleading. I would suggest another,
more generic, term, which has been used in some cases in the past in other
projects; the term OPM -> Object-to-Persistence-Mapping.

In any case, I am +1 for such a change.

Regards,
Apos