Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Bengl <ma...@dailyspring.net> on 2007/01/28 22:18:11 UTC

Searching for "maven start plugin"?

hello folks,

building java apps with maven is fun. but i'm asking myself if there is
a way to execute artifacts with maven using the dependency information
(from pom.xml)  to build the runtime classpath.

i create some SWT application with maven and would like to do some "mvn
start" in the applications root directory (there is the pom.xml). So i
need not write a bash script for executing the programm.

Is there a way to do this?
Do you know such a plugin?

Cheers
martin

RE: Searching for "maven start plugin"?

Posted by Greg Jones <gr...@gkj.com.au>.
Martin,

Try using http://mojo.codehaus.org/appassembler/appassembler-maven-plugin/
to package up your application for execution and to automatically create the
script files to start the application. You could then use the
exec-maven-plugin to run the generated script files to start your
application.

Regards,

Greg Jones

Posted by Steve Wells <we...@gmail.com>.
Try this:

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

IIRC, there is a javaapplication plugin at mojo,
and also a pomstrap extension at sourceforge.

Hope this helps.

Raphaêl

Re: AW: Searching for "maven start plugin"?

Posted by Martin Bengl <ma...@dailyspring.net>.
Hi all,

thanks for your replies. The exec-maven-plugin works fine for me!
Great Plugin :-)

Cheers,
Martin