Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sandy <sn...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 20:12:39 UTC

Profiling Hadoop

Hello,

Could anyone recommend any software for profiling the performance of
MapReduce applications one may write for Hadoop? I am currently developing
in Java.

Thanks,
-SM

Re: Profiling Hadoop

Posted by Sandy <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Bryan! I'll check out YourKit :-)
-SM

discp problem: global counters are inaccurate

Posted by Steve Kuo <St...@eharmony.com>.
The following distcp command has been working fine until today.  Does anyone have any idea on what does "global counters are inaccurate" mean?

~/projects/pig] hadoop distcp s3n://$ACCESS_KEY_ID:$SECRET_ACCESS_KEY_ID@$BUCKET_AMF/ hdfs://hadoop01.dc1.foo.com:9000/user/bar/data/amfdata
With failures, global counters are inaccurate; consider running with -i Copy failed: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.makeRelative(DistCp.java:801)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.setup(DistCp.java:979)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.copy(DistCp.java:614)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.run(DistCp.java:764)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.main(DistCp.java:784)

Re: Profiling Hadoop

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.