Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ra...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca on 1996/04/18 22:07:25 UTC

PHP/FI Apache Module Success!

I am very pleased to let you guys know that I just got PHP/FI running
as an Apache module with the latest Apache/1.1-dev server.

I have run a few tests and it is incredibly fast compared to invoking
it as a CGI.  The mSQL and Postgres95 embedded queries fly along as does the
php html scripting language itself.

Support for the Illustra RDBMS is underway which means that by the time
Apache 1.1 goes public it should be safe to say that Apache is the only
web server with embedded support for multiple relational database systems.

The current version of PHP/FI is 1.99k.  Next week's release will be
version 1.99l and will include the Apache module support.

More general info on PHP/FI is available at: http://www.vex.net/php

-Rasmus