Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Henric Rosvall <he...@opv.se> on 2006/08/17 15:25:16 UTC

Batik 1.6 pdf-transcoder.jar sources

Hi !

Currently the PDFTrancoder in Batik only has support for creating a
single page in the PDF, even though FOP has support for creating
multiple pages. I want to modify the PDFTranscoder in Batik 1.6 to
enable it to recieve multiple areas of interest, and then rendering each
AOI to a new page in the PDF. But there is a problem:
The source-distribution of Batik doesn't supply the source to the
FOP-classes, dispite the readme for pdf-transcoder.jar saying that it
has been modified so it no linger is compatible with the original FOP
release.
And if I download the source-distribution of FOP 0.20.5 there seems to
be some files missing when comparing to the files in pdf-transcoder.jar.
And I can't get it to compile even after adding all the jar-files in lib
(~655 compile errors), and it seems to be related to files missing and
such.

Any idea where I can get hold of the sources to the files in
pdf-transcoder.jar distributed with Batik 1.6?
Any idea what I might be doing wrong, since I get all of these compile
errors? In Eclipse, I just create a new project in the src-folder (which
then automatically organizes all the files in the different packages),
and then add all the jars in the lib-folder to the Java Build Path.

// Henric Rosvall

Re: Batik 1.6 pdf-transcoder.jar sources

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Aug 17, 2006, at 15:25, Henric Rosvall wrote:

Hi,

> Currently the PDFTrancoder in Batik only has support for creating a
> single page in the PDF, even though FOP has support for creating
> multiple pages. I want to modify the PDFTranscoder in Batik 1.6 to
> enable it to recieve multiple areas of interest, and then rendering
> each AOI to a new page in the PDF. But there is a problem:
> The source-distribution of Batik doesn't supply the source to the
> FOP-classes, dispite the readme for pdf-transcoder.jar saying that
> it has been modified so it no linger is compatible with the
> original FOP release.

Yes, that was because the transcoder in FOP's trunk was way ahead of
the one in the maintenance branch (0.20.X), but at the time FOP could
not be released as a whole. The transcoder was packaged separately to
allow Batik to include it in its distribution without having to wait
for FOP...

> Any idea where I can get hold of the sources to the files in pdf-
> transcoder.jar distributed with Batik 1.6?

Check the build.xml in FOP trunk. The build-target 'transcoder-pkg'
specifies which source files are included.

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas