Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Essl <ch...@yahoo.de> on 2003/09/27 00:22:13 UTC

[HiveMind] How to get Schema for configuration-point?

Is there any chance to get the Schema for a ConfigurationPoint from the
Registry? I would like to write a Factory which uses this Schema to parse
the content of its configuration.

RE: [HiveMind] How to get Schema for configuration-point?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Must ... stay ... focused ...

Providing the Schema is enough ... you can instantiate a SchemaProcessorImpl if you want to make use
of the Schema's rules and validations.

HiveMind (currently) is just a small subset of what you can accomplish using Jakarta Digester; if
you were processing rich XML, Digester is a good way to start.

SOAP is a whole other kettle of fish; there are so many layers of abstraction going on there at they
are so variable (from message to message) that you really want to look into specialized code. In
addition, HiveMind doesn't do anything with namespaces, and namespaces are critical to SOAP.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.