Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Cynthia He <ch...@Insight.com> on 2001/08/15 22:55:21 UTC

ftp and mapper

Hi all,

I have several properties that point to files in a deep directory structure.
I am trying to put all these files in a remote ftp server directory
directly, without all the sub directory structure.  Since ftp task does not
support mapper, what can I do to achieve this?  Is there something like
unix's basename command?

Thanks for any help.

che

Re: ftp and mapper

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
Cynthia He wrote:

> I have several properties that point to files in a deep
> directory structure.  I am trying to put all these files
> in a remote ftp server directory directly, without all the
> sub directory structure.  Since ftp task does not support
> mapper, what can I do to achieve this?  Is there something
> like unix's basename command?

The cheap solution is to copy the files into a local
temporary directory, flattening them there.  Then FTP the
files from the temp directory and finally blow away the temp
dir.  Its a hack, but it will always work.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.