Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/29 20:31:49 UTC

ApacheCon US 2014 Call for Presentations!

>From my asking on dev@ it seems like there won't be a presence for Wicket
at the revamped ApacheCon, which would be a huge shame. I am unable to make
it due to scheduling conflicts, otherwise I would've done a whole Wicket
track!

It would be great if anyone would submit a talk about Wicket-introductory,
intermediate or advanced. The organizers have a lot of room for talks so
there's a good chance of having a good track for Wicket.

As far as I know there is no requirement to be a committer to submit a
talk. If you or your boss is unable to pay for travel, the Travel
Assistance Committee is there to help.

Every time I was at ApacheCon I found it to be a great experience,
especially meeting with other projects (Maven, Tomcat, Infrastructure, the
Board, Incubator, etc.) The beer was also great and the hackathons were fun
too. You'll get the chance to meet folks from all over the world and make
new friends.

>From the conference organizers:

On the off chance that anyone has still missed it ... The Call for Papers
for ApacheCon North America 2014 closes on Saturday, February 1. We're
looking for talks on any aspect of the Apache Software Foundation -
software, community, philosophy, or any other aspect of life at Apache or
the surrounding ecosystem.

Talks may be submitted at http://events.linuxfoundation.
org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp

The Linux Foundation, producers of LinuxCon, are producing our conference,
but we are responsible for providing and selecting the content. We need you
there to represent your project.

We have more room for talks than we've had any previous year, so we can
have the intro, intermediate and advanced talk where previously we had room
only for one. This gives us the opportunity to draw an audience for
projects that previously had only one talk, making it very hard to get
anyone to pay to attend for that content. So we have an opportunity to
showcase projects that have been ignored before. Please don't skip
submitting because we haven't had room for you at previous events.