Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Steven Caswell <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/25 02:38:59 UTC

[lang] DateUtils test fails under 1.2.2 and not under 1.4.2

All,

I have discovered a group of tests in the DateUtils test case that fails
under 1.2.2 but not under 1.4.2. They are testing the DateUtils round method
when rounding a date in the MET timezone across the start and end of DST. If
I remember correctly, this was in response to a user bug report. In
particular the test is at line 472 of the testRound method in
DataUtilsTest.java.

The test passes fine when run under 1.4.2 but fails under 1.2.2. I don't
have a 1.3 installation available so I don't know if it passes or fails
under 1.3.

I propose that we put a condition around the test so that is only run when
the Java version is 1.4, and add a note to the round method javadoc and the
release notes stating that the round method may not work properly in all
cases involving DST rollovers in previous JVMs, with this case as an
example.

Thoughs?

--
Steven Caswell