Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitemedia.com> on 2000/10/25 23:52:40 UTC

compiler error processing changed in 1.2?

While using ant alpha1.2 the javac output that was produced by javac 1.3
with build.compiler="modern" was compatible with the default regular
expressions used by the Visual Slick editor (for Windows) to parse error
output.  With build.compiler="classic", the output was not compatible.  Now,
having upgraded to the 1.2 Ant release, I find that with neither
build.compiler option is the error output compatible with what the editor is
looking for.  While I could dig into this and reconfigure my editor, I
shouldn't have to and am wondering if there is some new ant option I have
missed that would take care of this without my messing with my editor.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports Media
4410 N. Ravenswood
Chicago IL 60640
(847)-293-4342
stevec@ignitemedia.com

RE: compiler error processing changed in 1.2?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Use

ant -emacs

to remove the stuff that confuses editors.

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au