Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Martin Kalén <ma...@curalia.se> on 2004/06/22 05:24:02 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Oracle9i platform does not work in managed environment]

Rearranging original comments a bit for readability...

Armin Waibel wrote:
> [...]

Don't have WebLogic at hand, but it seems resonable. I had a look at the
Oracle-specific optimisations in the Oracle9i platform and they all throw
exceptions if reflection lookups are successful but method invokation fail.

(Oracle-specific statement caching, row prefetching etc)

> How can we fix this? Think this platform class couldn't be used in
> managed environments.

By not throwing exceptions. This will be like saying "bummer; we were
close to enabling platform-specific optimisations but failed at the
finish line -- reverting to default standard JDBC behaviour" which is OK.

When Scarab (or my ISP?) wakes up again ;-) I will file an issue+patch for this.

Regards,
  Martin

--
Martin Kalén
Curalia AB              Web:  http://www.curalia.se

Re: [Fwd: Oracle9i platform does not work in managed environment]

Posted by Martin Kalén <ma...@curalia.se>.
Martin Kalén wrote:
>> How can we fix this? Think this platform class couldn't be used in
>> managed environments.
>
> By not throwing exceptions.

...or by using Matthew's WebLogic-specific Oracle platform impl that
had passed me unnoticed in the extreme ojb-dev traffic of late. ;-)

Cheers,
  Martin