Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ritu <rk...@sarvega.com> on 2002/09/05 20:53:33 UTC

Sending XML over HTTP

Hi All,

Basically I am sending an XML over HTTP to a Server at a particular post.
The problem is that I have to set the content-type to "text/xml" instead of
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded". How do I do this? I tried setting the
mime-type to text/xml in the HTTP Request Sampler. That does not work!

Thanks in advance
Ritu

Re: Sending XML over HTTP

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
content-type is an HTTP Header.  You need the Header Manager.  Attach it to your
Request and add your value to the table of values.

See
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Hea
der_Manager

-Mike

On 5 Sep 2002 at 13:53, Ritu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Basically I am sending an XML over HTTP to a Server at a particular post.
> The problem is that I have to set the content-type to "text/xml" instead of
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded". How do I do this? I tried setting the
> mime-type to text/xml in the HTTP Request Sampler. That does not work!
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ritu

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org