Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Edgar P Dollin <ed...@blue-moose.net> on 2003/12/03 23:03:23 UTC

RE: Should Struts ship with all of the commons jar files needed t o get Struts datasources working?

I disagree about the web app containing the DB Pool as configuration of
multiple DB Pools in a container containing many different apps is a royal
pain, not to mention a potential source of downtime for unrelated users.

Please don't remove this feature.  Leave it depreated as long as you like.

Thanks

Edgar

Posted by Rick Hightower <rh...@triveratech.com>.
Ya know. I was just starting to warm up to the idea for that very reason. It
is a pain to configure DB connection pools for every app server.