Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stocki <st...@shopgate.com> on 2010/03/19 14:09:03 UTC

better results and differentiate my products

Hello.

i try to get better results of my search. so i need some help ;)
here my problem or better how i want my search:

if i search for TOMTOM and my results are something like this.
autosuggestion.

MERIAN scout Themenguide - Feinschmecker - für Garmin und TomTom
{
 "response":{"numFound":46,"start":0,"docs":[
	{
	 "name":"MERIAN scout Themenguide - Feinschmecker - für Garmin und
TomTom"},
	{
	 "name":"MERIAN scout Reiseguide - München - für Garmin und TomTom"},
	{
	 "name":"TomTom GO-Ladegerät für zu Hause und unterwegs"},
	{
	 "name":"TomTom GO-Verbindungskabel"},
	{
	 "name":"TomTom Active Dock Traffic RDS/TMC (mit iPod-Unterstützung) für
GO-Serie"},
	{
	 "name":"TomTom Aktive Dock Befestigungsset für GO-Serie"},
	{
	 "name":"TomTom Kartenmaterial West- und Zentraleuropa iQ Routes (v8.30)
SD-Karte"}]
 }}

so but what i want is that all results are maching with the
navigation-TOMTOM are completet under one suggest "TomTom".
now is it so, that solr search in every field for my surchstring and give me
what he`s founded ...

how can i differentiate my search ?

another problem: how ca i get a good short name of the productname ?  or is
it better to use autosuggestion for only short terms ?