Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jyrki Saarinen <jy...@valimo.com> on 2005/04/19 10:32:40 UTC

Timeouts

Hello all,

I have a web service that is quite long running before the response is
sent to the
SOAP client. I'm getting the following AxisFault:

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: (0)null
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {}:return code:  0

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:0

(0)null
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:693)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:141)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

Does this timeout come from the server or the client, and how do I
increase this timeout?

Jyrki

Re: Timeouts

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
Default is 60 seconds, i guess. The value should be an integer in
milliseconds. See the javadoc for Call interface in the apidocs that
shipped with Axis distributable for more details.

- venkat

Re: Timeouts

Posted by Jyrki Saarinen <jy...@valimo.com>.

Re: Timeouts

Posted by Jyrki Saarinen <jy...@valimo.com>.
Venkat Reddy wrote:

>You can try changing the default behaviour using a property
>axis.connection.timeout while starting up the client. This will set
>the timeout on the Stub.

Or should I use the setTimeout() method in abstract class Stub?

Stub JavaDoc:

      setTimeout

public void *setTimeout*(int timeout) Set the timeout in milliseconds.

Re: Timeouts

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.