Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by adithi agarwal <co...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/29 14:52:22 UTC

validations

Hii all

Can someone explain me how we get the error messages..Where do we do the validations for the fields..

Thankyou

Re: validations

Posted by Ravindra Mandre <ra...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Adithi,
You can use validations in FTL files by including Validation file into your screen file. if this is not sufficient then please provide some more information on your requirement.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ravindra Mandre
HotWax Media, Inc.
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
ravindra.mandre@hotwaxmedia.com
Mobile   : +91 - 9300023686

Re: validations

Posted by Surya Kusumakar <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Adithi,
Once your control has been passed through FTLand form ,validations  can
be done  at events using Simple Map Processors like this :
<simple-map-processor name="createPersonMap">
        <process field="firstName">
            <copy/>
                <not-empty>
                    <fail-property
property="PracticeFirstNameMissingError" resource="PracticeUiLabels"/>
                </not-empty>
        </process>
        <process field="lastName">
            <copy/>
                <not-empty>
                    <fail-property
property="PracticeLastNameMissingError" resource="PracticeUiLabels"/>
                </not-empty>
        </process>
    </simple-map-processor>
 and even in form you can specify which field is required :
and in service :
<attribute name="firstName" mode="IN" type="String" optional="false"/>
This optional ="false" specifies this particular field is compulsory.

--
Thanks and Regards
Surya Kusumakar

Re: validations